Updated July 1st, 2021 - All of us at Birchwood Meadows are excited to welcome guests out to the farm once again! We remain committed to protecting the health of our community, guests, staff and loved ones who remain at high risk. At this time, although government restrictions have relaxed, all of our staff will continue to wear masks with enhanced workplace sanitation, and we request that all visitors continue to follow social distancing practices.
If you are planning a visit to the farm or utilizing our curbside pickup option, this page will be updated with our current Covid-19 safety procedures and guidelines for visitors.
Thank you for your support and understanding as we navigate these changing circumstances. If you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Birchwood Meadows is welcoming visitors by appointment only, limiting the number of guests to allow for social distancing, and enable our staff to engage with everyone in a safe manner.
The U-Pick flower garden reopens July 22, 2021, and will run until first frost!
BOOK YOUR VISIT ON EVENTBRITE NOW!
Check out @birchwoodmeadows on social media for a hint of what's in bloom!
Private Groups: For groups of 6-12, we recommend a private booking. For availability, please email us at email@example.com
Guidelines for All Guests:
1. We request that visitors continue to practice social distancing between groups as well as members of our team, regardless of current government guidelines. We appreciate your cooperation, as some members of our team have loved ones who remain at high risk.
2. We would appreciate if all guests wear a mask for the duration of their visit, even outdoors, to protect our staff and other visitors. We understand this may not be possible in all cases, and simply ask that you make the best decision you can. In particular, we would appreciate if you would wear a mask in all enclosed spaces - at the farm, this includes the greenhouse and shop.
3. If you suspect you may have been exposed to Covid-19, or are experiencing any symptoms of illness, we ask that you please stay home and cancel your visit. Birchwood Meadows reserves the right to turn away visitors exhibiting symptoms associated with Covid-19.
4. Be advised: washroom facilities on site are limited. Washrooms will be cleaned regularly and sanitizing wipes will be available.
5. All visitors must also follow Birchwood Meadows Farm Rules (listed below)
Birchwood Meadows is a working farm, so extra care and attention must be paid while enjoying the gardens.
In addition to our Covid-19 guidelines (see above) the following rules apply to all visitors:
1. Pay attention to all signs, and do not explore without permission.
2. Respect Social Distancing and be courteous to those around you.
3. Watch where you step! The ground is uneven and sometimes muddy.
4. Always keep an eye on your little ones. NO: Running, shouting, tree climbing, rock throwing, branch sword fighting or other crazy shenanigans.
5. Please DO NOT pick or cut flowers outside the designated u-pick raised beds.
6. Only service animals are allowed.
7. Littering, smoking or vaping are not permitted anywhere on the property.
8. If you are curious or unsure about anything, please ask.
Enjoy the flowers and thank you for visiting!
Curbside pickup from Birchwood Meadows is available for online/advance orders only.
Address: 56032 Rge Rd 245, Sturgeon County, AB T8R 0M1
Pickup Hours: By Appointment
Pre-arranged pickup will also be available for most items from the Cory Christopher Studio in Edmonton on Fridays from 11am-2pm.
If you require alternate arrangements, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to accommodate.
For Curbside Pickup from Birchwood Meadows:
1. Upon arrival, please STOP at the driveway turn off by the road.
2. Remain in your vehicle and call (780) 913-1431
3. A Birchwood team member will provide you with instructions on how to proceed to the pickup area.
4. You will be asked to park in a designated stall and wait in your vehicle.
5. Please wait until your items have been placed in the pickup area and our team member has left, before collecting your items.
6. Your items will be clearly labelled or on a tray with your name. Please only take items you are certain are yours.
7. If you have any questions, please contact us by phone (780) 913-1431
Our current setup does not allow us to place items directly in your vehicle. If you anticipate needing assistance with loading your purchase, please contact us in advance.