Caring for your fresh cut flowers
Our locally grown flowers last approximately 7 days, though this will vary depending on the specific variety of bloom and the conditions in your home or office. Once home, follow these simple steps to maximize the life of your flowers:
- Fill your favourite vase with fresh, cool water. If available, add flower food as per package instructions.
- Remove any bottom leaves that would be submerged in the water
- Re-cut flower stems at a 45-degree angle, and arrange as desired.
- Display your flowers avoiding direct sun, hot or cold drafts, and fruits (which release flower-aging ethylene gases).
- To help flowers stay fresh, re-cut stems every 2-3 days and refill vase with fresh water.